CORONA-VIRUS IN BERLIN
- Informationen zur Antragsbearbeitung und Bedienung im Landesamt für Einwanderung
- Aktuelle Informationen des Landes Berlin zum Thema Corona-Virus finden Sie unter www.berlin.de/corona.
Fiktionsbescheinigung (Fictional Certificate)
A fictional certificate is issued when it is not yet possible to decide on an application for a residence permit, e.g. because
- documents are missing or the foreigner's file is not available,
- an electronically applied for residence permit (eRP) cannot be issued prior to expiry of the currently valid residence permit or
- the outcome of punishable offence proceedings is still outstanding.
If a currently valid residence permit (temporary residence permit or national visa for long-term durations - Category D - ) is available, a fictional certificate according to § 81 Section 4 of the Residence Act will be issued.
In this case, the residence permit and all supplementary regulations (also regarding the stipulations concerning gainful employment) remain in force until a decision has been made in relation to the application. Journeys abroad and re-entry into the area of the Republic are possible with a valid fictional certificate in accordance with § 81 Section 4 of the Residence Act.
If the male or female applicant is lawfully resident without a visa in the Federal Republic, because he or she is entitled to be by virtue of his/her nationality, the fictional certificate will be issued in accordance with § 81 Section 3 of the Residence Act.
This permits residence in the area of the Federal Republic until a decision has been made regarding the application. This fictional certification, however, does not permit re-entry into the territory of the Federal Republic. It also does not permit the commencement of gainful employment.
A fictional certificate cannot be issued to holders of a Schengen visa for short-term residence (Category C).
Lawful residence with and without residence permit
At the time of submitting the application, the male or female applicant must either
- be in possession of a valid residence permit (temporary residence permit or national visa for long-term durations - Category D - ) or
- be lawfully entitled to residence without a visa in the territory of the Federal Republic, because he or she is thus authorised by virtue of his/her nationality.
Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit
A fictional certificate will be issued only when an application has been submitted for the issue or renewal of a residence permit and at the time of presentation no decision can be made regarding the application. Therefore, the prior submission of an application for a residence permit is necessary so that a fictional certificate may be issued.
Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
Valid passport or passport substitute
A fictional certificate is always only valid in conjunction with a valid passport or substitute passport.
Previous residence permit
If available, the previous residence permit shall be presented, e.g. the electronic residence permit (eRP).
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- For adults: 13.00 euros
- For minors: 6.50 euros
- Turkish citizens
- Foreigners recognised as being entitled to asylum
- Foreigners with a granted refugee status within the meaning of Section 3 (1) of the Asylum Act
- Foreigners with a granted subsidiary protection status within the meaning of Section 4 (1) of the Asylum Act
- Resettlement refugees within the meaning of Section 23 (4) of the Act on the Residence
- Foreigners who receive a scholarship from public funds for their stay
- when presenting a current proof of receiving benefits according to SGB II or XII or the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act