Corona-Informationen zu Schule und Kita
In Berlins Schulen findet bis zum 25. Januar kein Regelunterricht statt, für Abschlussklassen (Jahrgangsstufe 10, 12/13) gelten besondere Regelungen. Die Berliner Kitas bieten weiterhin lediglich eine Notversorgung an.
- Informationen zum Schulbetrieb | Entschädigung wegen eingeschränkter Betreuung in Primarstufe | Briefe an die Schulen
- Informationen zum Kita-Betrieb | Entschädigung wegen eingeschränkter Betreuung
- Grafiken und Medien zu Corona, auch mehrsprachig
Hotline zum Schulbetrieb +49 30 90227-6000 | Hotline zum Kitabetrieb +49 30 90227-6600
Youth Education Centres
Education outside the classroom
Youth education centres are extracurricular learning locations that provide children and young people with a wide range of educational opportunities. The contents of the activities include inter-cultural learning and international exchanges, mediator training, vocational orientation and job application training, social work with girls and boys, violence prevention training, training for youth group leaders, theatre workshops as well as training courses on online participation.
Most of the activities are seminars for school classes that are planned and carried out in close coordination with the teachers and students. Particularly important for the educational quality of the youth education centres is the fact that they separate from everyday life and that students live together under boarding school conditions. Here participation is practised, and the possibilities and limits of one’s own actions can be tried out.
Wide range of topics
The topics are based on the interests and needs of the girls and boys. The event formats range from one-day events to weekend and week-long seminars to advanced training courses, for example in the area of mediation, that extend over several months.
Church, sports, union, political and cultural traditions and special competencies of individual institutions and their sponsors are reflected in the activities of the youth education centres. These activities are primarily related to current social challenges and issues and include discussions about:
- The social, cultural and ethnic diversity of society,
- European integration,
- Globalisation of the economy and the migration of workers and refugees,
- Youth unemployment, career orientation,
- Developing identity and life prospects,
- Right-wing extremism, racism and violence.