Lübars

Der Lübarser Dorfkrug
Bild: Wolfgang Bittner, Landesdenkmalamt Berlin

With its village green, Lübars (first mentioned in 1247) is typical of the kind of villages found in Mark Brandenburg. Located in the middle of the Tegeler Fliess valley, surrounded by meadows and fields, Lübars is the only remaining village within the Berlin city limits and still has a rural focus, especially on horses. Sights worth seeing are the village church (1793), the fire station, the village school (1906), and many different three-sided farmhouses, including some with classicist stucco façades. One favorite spot for an outing is the “Alter Dorfkrug” (1896). The organization “Natur und Kultur” puts on music and theater performances in the historical dance hall next door, “LabSaal.”

More information