Center for Sexual Health and Family Planning Berlin-Mitte
sexual health counseling office (sti/hiv)
(*STI = Sexually Transmitted Infections)
From 27th March 2017 no medical consultations (STI) take place. HIV tests will be done on Tuesdays only with appointment.
12 – 3pm
3 – 6pm
3 – 6pm
9am – 12pm
Clients without appointment are requested to be there half an hour before the end of our consultation times at the latest
HIV-counseling and testing during
consultation hours at tuesday and friday but only with previous appointment by telephone!
Our team includes:
doctors, nurses, social workers,
administrative employees and translators for those who speak Thai and Bulgarian.
All personal and medical information is always kept confidential; we are bound to medical discretion and privacy protection !
We offer – free of charge, no health insurance certificate needed -
- anonymous counselling concerning sexually transmitted diseases and HIV / AIDS
- diagnosis and treatment services provided by STI experts
HIV-testing with counselling
- anonymous HIV-antibody-test with counselling
- an appointment by telephone must be made in advance
- costs 10 Euro, the test may be free of charge if you cannot afford it
You should get examinated if…
- you have discharge from urethra and/or vagina
- you have trouble or pain when urinating (itching, burning)
- you have itching in the genital area or in the vagina
- you have pain in the lower abdomen
- you have a skin rash
- even if these symptoms disappear by themselves
- a condom broke
We offer information and counceling concerning
- safer sex
- questions and fears concerning STI and AIDS
- condoms (and how to properly use them)
- health-oriented questions with native Thai and Bulgarian speakers
- crisis situations
- we refer to local government offices and other facilities/organizations, if necessary.
please notice our different attitude in medical practice compared to your english/american/canadian or our other european health services:
– we don´t offer general check up´s for all sexual transmitted deseases at once
– we try to find out after a long and individual counselling talk of 20-30 minutes your personal risk for one or more infections after unprotected sexual contact.
This is completely different than to what you are used in your homecountries
We are a counselling department for sexual transmitted deases, HIV and family planning of the public health department of Berlin with a multiprofessional team of medical sisters, doctors and social workers.